Monday, June 8, 2009
Job Leads in DC (JLDC)
Hi friends, I get great leads from my friends in DC, I will update my blog as much as possible to keep you informed. I hope I can help, times are tough but I have HOPE!
Best, Erica I. Parkhurst
Vice President, www.politicalchicks.com
For the full job description please visit the company intranet or our website at www.atlanticmediacompany.com.
For additional information, please contact Caitlin Moore x7382.
Lango Montgomery County, a Bethesda-based foreign-language program, is seeking teachers for its Spanish, French and Mandarin classes for young children (ages 18 months through elementary school) in Montgomery County.
We are looking for individuals who are energetic, outgoing and eager to engage children through very fast-paced dynamic and interactive games, movement and music-based classes. A high level of comfort with dramatic play, puppets and physical activities is a must for this job. If you have not done this type of work, make sure will really enjoy it before you contact us! These are extremely fun classes but they require that you be flexible and open to new and creative approaches to teaching Spanish, French or Mandarin to young children!
• Teach 45 minute classes to one more of our class levels:
o Parent & Tot for children ages 18 months-3 years old (with caregivers)
o Pre-school for children 3-5 years old
o Elementary for children 5-7 years old
• Use feedback gained in teaching these classes to further develop and improve the curriculum and materials.
• Make recommendations for general operation, instruction and service delivery
• Fluency in Spanish, French or Mandarin – native or bilingual preferred
• Experience teaching young children, preferably in a foreign language context
• Creative, flexible and hard-working in general; energetic and engaging with children.
• Some academic background in foreign language and language instruction, preferably to young children.
Other Beneficial Qualifications:
• Experience with children’s theatre, music or art
• Crafting and games experience
• Singing, dancing, or theatre acting experience
Hours and Compensation:
• Hours are quite flexible (Monday through Saturday). Our classes for Tot & Parent are typically in the am and early afternoon and pre-school and elementary classes are typically in the late afternoon. This part-time teaching opportunity is ideal for anyone with a part-time or flexible schedule. The number of classes you teach will depend on your availability.
• Compensation ranges from $25 to $35 per class depending on experience.
For more information about Lango, please visit our website at http://www.langokids.com. And to learn more about our parent company Intrax Cultural Exchange, check out: http://www.intraxinc.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com
Director, Autos Product at AOL, LLC
Here's a short excerpt from the listing:
Director, Autos Product at AOL, LLC
*** LOCAL CANDIDATES TO DC METRO AREA ONLY ***
*** AUTO INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE PREFERRED ***
Job Description: Full Time Litigation Attorney
The Thomas More Law Center (TMLC) is a national Christian,
not-for-profit public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan,
founded in 1999. Its mission is to defend and promote America’s
Christian heritage and moral values, including the religious freedom
of Christians, time-honored family values, the sanctity of human life,
and our national security and sovereignty. We do not charge for our
services. At any given time, we have open files in over 30 states.
Please visit the Law Center’s website at www.thomasmore.org for
Position: Full Time Trial Counsel
Salary: Up to $125,000 per year depending on experience level
Be fully committed to the philosophy and mission of the Law Center as
Have at least 4 years of litigation and appellate experience in
federal and state courts with a primary emphasis on federal courts.
Have superb litigation and writing skills.
Be willing to travel and handle cases throughout the United States.
Knowledge of First Amendment Law a plus.
Relocate to the Ann Arbor, Michigan area.
Current military lawyers or veterans will receive a hiring preference.
MUST APPLY BY JUNE 12, 2009 BY EMAILING A LETTER OF INTEREST, RESUME,
AND COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF YOUR LITIGATION EXPERIENCE TO:
Richard Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use Subject Line: Attorney Resume
Job opening: Assistant Analyst (full time position)
Tulchin Research, a Democratic polling and strategic consulting firm
based in downtown San Francisco, is looking for a full-time Assistant
Tulchin Research provides consulting services to candidates for
elected office, ballot measure campaigns, labor unions, non-profits,
corporations, and foundations. As a growing firm, we’re looking for a
hands-on person to take on a wide range of responsibilities, including
(but not limited to):
managing projects, drafting surveys, analyzing data, developing
presentations and graphs of polling results, survey and data
proofreading, and other duties involving running qualitative and
quantitative research projects as well as some limited administrative
This is a fast-paced environment that requires a self-starter with
attention to detail, time management skills and strong communication
skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is
required. Preference is given to candidates with a background in
public opinion research and political campaign experience.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:43 AM
Subject: TVA DC opening
If you know of anyone you'd recommend, please have them fill out the
application at www.tva.gov before June 12th for the posting below.
Federal Affairs Manager
Error! Filename not specified.
Jun 12, 2009
Serves as a TVA liaison with all branches of government and other
stakeholders in Washington; builds relationships that will provide a
high quality flow of two-way information that will assist TVA in
carrying out its policies and programs.
1. Acts as liaison between TVA & Congress and the executive branch on
legislative initiatives affecting the agency. Develops & maintains
relationships with members of Congress & their staffs in order to: (1)
provide accurate & timely responses to inquiries of TVA activities;
(2) provide information concerning TVA issues, actions, & programs;
(3) inform them of adverse impacts of legislation on TVA activities;
(4) seek their help/support on TVA issues; & (5) gather intelligence
information that is of interest to TVA.
2. Interacts with Congressional committees & their staffs in order to
facilitate congressional hearings & project the best possible image of
TVA. Takes actions necessary to increase the likelihood that
Committees have accurate information regarding TVA programs so they
understand agency policies & programs. Also, interacts with
departmental agencies from the executive branch to facilitate policies
and programs affecting TVA.
3. Arrange for & assist top TVA executives, including Board members,
in providing information and/or testifying before congressional
4. Interacts with the general public and stakeholders in order to
provide information & respond to questions regarding TVA initiatives.
5. Ensures that activities are properly coordinated, internally &
externally, & that they are sufficiently integrated with related TVA
activities to efficiently & cost-effectively accomplish organizational
6. Coordinates activities & issues with the appropriate Valley
Relations associates relative to the specific Valley State.
7. Advise & discuss with the Vice President of Government Affairs &
other top TVA officials current & emerging issues or trends at the
national level, & provides them with policy & procedure advice
necessary to facilitate effective decision making. Monitors & reports
to the Vice President of Government Affairs on key issues and/or
legislation that affect the Valley States.
8. Ensures a diverse work environment -free of discrimination &
harassment. Ensures a safe & healthy workplace where work practices
are safe & free from hazardous situations.
B.S. degree in government, political science or a related field of
study; or equivalent education, training and experience.
Several years of experience which includes a strong background or
education in policies and programs. Several years of experience in
federal government relations which includes a strong background or
education in policies and programs. Legislative experience on Capitol
Hill or in the Administration is recommended.
Comprehensive knowledge of the legislative and procedural process in
the legislative and executive branches of federal government and of
the TVA programs and policies. Excellent communication skills both
written and oral. Strong interpersonal skills are essential in this
position particularly in the ability to build rapport, negotiate, and
persuade. The ability to respond well under pressure and the ability
to analyze and assimilate a great deal of information in a short time
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable
laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. TVA
gives hiring preference to qualified U.S. citizens and other protected
individuals (green card holders, asylees, etc.) for all job vacancies.
Between qualified U.S. citizens and other protected individuals, TVA
gives hiring preference to equally qualified born or naturalized U.S.
National Online Money and Politics Reporter, The Washington Independent
Location: Washington DC
The Center for Independent Media (CIM) seeks a reporter/blogger to
cover the connections between influence, money, politics and policy in
Washington. This reporter will be part of a Washington, D.C.-based
team that executes daily investigative reporting and blogging for
CIM’s online news site in Washington, D.C., WashingtonIndependent.com.
Successful candidates will be responsible for at least 2 reported,
full-length pieces and 15 blog posts per week.
We’re looking for a reporter who can do both revelatory digging and
lucid explaining about the news that is reshaping American politics
and life. We expect these reporters to combine the best of traditional
journalism with the new paradigms of the Internet; to use blogging to
develop the narratives of longer-form reporting. A key criterion in
measuring success will be the delivery of “impact stories” that
inspire public debate and advance the common good.
At least three years of relevant reporting experience;
Clear understanding of policy, legislation and the workings of Washington;
Fresh take on the news and familiarity with recent developments in online news.
Please send resume, cover letter and at least three recent clips in an
easily printable format to email@example.com. Subject
for email: Money & Politics Reporter
About the Center for Independent Media
The Center for Independent Media is a non-profit and non-partisan
organization that investigates and disseminates news that impacts
public debate and advances the common good. To accomplish its
mission, the Center operates an independent online news network. An
informed citizenry is a fundamental principle of civil society and
American democracy; in the words of the Supreme Court in Garrison v.
Louisiana: “Speech concerning public affairs is more than
self-expression; it is the essence of self government.” Our reporting
emphasizes the positive role of democratically elected government in
securing the common good and social welfare, and the continuing
benefits of our founding culture of egalitarian government by the
people, for the people.
For more about the Center for Independent Media, please visit
www.newjournalist.org. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with
our sites (coloradoindependent.com, iowaindependent.com,
The Center for Independent Media does not discriminate in employment
opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, sex, age, or other status protected by
Social Media Organizer/Blogger
for a Financial Accountability Campaign
A new national political organization seeks a full-time Social Media
Organizer/Blogger to push for accountability for the financial
institutions that got the U.S. into the current economic crisis.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have strong writing and blogging skills.
• Have knowledge of the financial sector and economic issues.
• Have experience with social media. Expertise not required.
This person would write for the organization blog and guest-post on
third-party blogs. Writing and blogging skills are more important than
social media experience.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to
Right Wing leaning Jobs Below
Please visit http://rebuildtheparty.ning.com/group/rebuildjobs to learn more about these exciting opportunities.
- I AmERICA
- Update: I left the political life in DC behind, moved to Chicago and joined the corporate world at Groupon. And now life has changed forever as I am a new mama of Mateo!!!!!!! I need advice all the time so I am starting this blog to get it:) past info.... I was born in raised in Michigan; I have a passion to help the economy back home. I am in DC learning how to do that and advocating for my Michigan home and family. I was in a boat crash that should have been fatal but God protected me and now I am not wasting my second chance at life. I believe that Leadership is taking action. If I say I am going to do something I do it no matter what. My family is everything to me and I surround myself with friends who inspire me. I am a young conservative woman; I like fashion, beauty and appreciate gentlemen who hold the door for me. I also support women and think we need more as CEO's and Political Leaders. Yes, you can be conservative and for women so that is why I am going to blog. If you are the same way then get your voice out there too at this website!